The card reader beeps continually when connected to the door controller with the Sounder cable connected.
There may be several causes for this situation:
- The door which this reader belongs to isn't configured.
- The polarity setting of the reader beeper isn't correct.
- This reader port is damaged due to certain cause.
The following steps need to be followed:
- For cause 1, configure the door and reader in Door parameter.
- For cause 2, click "Sounder" button in the Door parameter window and change the "Polarity" setting correctly. Usually change from "High" to "Low".
- For cause 3, send the door controller to repair.
For how to set up a beeper in I/NET, refer to Lesson Learned Article #8337.