What are the FIPS-PIV reader outputs supported by Continuum?
Questions on configuring a FIPS-PIV reader to work with Continuum.
Continuum FIPS-PIV enabled controllers (9680, 5720 and 5740) require a minimum 75 bit Wiegand output from a FIPS-PIV readers.
Typically card readers can be configured to select the FIPS PIV output format sent by the reader.
The following output formats are supported:
- Agency + System + Credential + Expiration Date
- 200-bit FASC-N (No Expiration Date)
- Wiegand 75-bit
All other formats are considered FIPS-PIV Custom Card format and must be specified by the user via the FIPS-PIV Custom Format System variable.
Custom Format Examples:
- 200-bit FASC-N with embedded expiration date
- 245-bit FASC-N with appended expiration date
- Custom Medium-Assurance Format Examples:
- 200-bit FASC-N with embedded HMAC
- 107-bit: 75-bit PIV + 32-bit HMAC
- 32-bit HMAC + 200-bit FASC-N